/   Home    /    Contact us    /    Submit News    /   Sitemap    /

    BREAKING NEWS :

Burkina: Ouaga-Bobo section highway: memorandum of understanding signed

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Print

The Government of Burkina Faso and the Chinese company, China civil engineering construction corporation (CCECC) signed last Thursday in Ouagadougou, a memorandum of understanding to facilitate the construction project of the Yamoussoukro- Ouagadougou, we learned from media sources.

The ceremony was chaired by the Burkinabè Minister in charge of Foreign Affairs Olivia Rouamba. These include the construction of the Yamoussoukro-Ouaga highway, Ouaga-Bobo section.

The memorandum will allow the start of construction activities for this 332.53 km long section.

"The studies being completed, this protocol will make it possible to advance the file", specified the Minister of Infrastructure and Opening Up, Adama Luc Sorgho.

According to him, Burkina Faso will contribute 15% of the budget and the other 85% will be negotiated with the Chinese side.

As for the deputy general manager of the company China civil engineering construction corporation (CCECC), Guillaume Zhang, he assured that the Chinese side will get to work in order to submit a technical and financial offer within a period of two months.

The Minister in charge of Foreign Affairs, Olivia Rouamba recalled that the signing of this memorandum of understanding stems from that with the International Alliance of Brics signed on June 16.

Source: Burkina Information Agency